FARU FARU.... A place of rebirth ( part 2)

Thankfully, the  soldiers  weren't  as  strict  with the early  morning drills .At  first when  the  bugle  calls  were  made , I feigned  illness and  after  a while  the  soldiers just  gave  up  on me.
My  routine?  to  get  up by  9am, get  all  dolled  up  and  resume at  the  mammy  market (my  new  operational  headquarters ).
As  a part  of  my  branding/PR plan ,I ensured I didn't take  meals from  the  camp's kitchen..... I figured  since  I looked  the  part  I had  to  act  the  part,thanks to  the  governor's  generosity  to  Corp  members .I had  enough  money  to  splatter  on  meals. But even  at  that , my  fan base  had  grown  in geometric  progression  that  I had  kind  gestures  bestowed  on  me  often.
Photo credit :nyscblogspot. com

At  this point, it  will  be imperative to  state  that  by  some  stroke  of  luck  I had  turned "Agbani" overnight . Everybody thought  I was strikingly  Beautiful ....(Emi  Ke?) Me  that  in U.I, I had  only  a boyfriend  for  the most part and when  the dude  broke  up  with  me, nobody  gree  look my way (personally I think  those  U. I boys either  had  chewing  gum or  Superglue  in  their   eyes  not to have  noticed my  understated  beauty) .But  here in  Farufaru, I had  somewhat become  an  A Lister.

At  this juncture ,it  will be  appropriate to give   a shout -out to  all boys who  toasted  me, attempted  to toast  me or  even  thought  of  toasting  me in  Farufaru ,You  guys  can't comprehend  how  Life-changing  your  gestures  were  back  then.

Basking  in  the  euphoria  of  my  new  fame, I tried  not to  put  pressure on  the  elasticity of my  luck as  I try  to  loan  myself  brain most  of  the  time (well ....half  of  the  time) except this  one  time  I decided  to  test it's  elasticity limit;
 when I decided to  go  for  the  endurance  trek, I cant  remember   what  spurred  the  decision.It  was  totally  out  of character. To  think  the  walk  was  not  even  compulsory  o.

When  I showed  up  at  the  convene point that  morning, my  platoon  members  were  shocked  that  I showed  up, but  I was determined  that  this  gig  was  going  down "Ghen -ghen".
photo credit  : nyscblogspot. com

Chanting marching  songs ,I fell  in  formation with  the  rest  of  the  Corp members.
The  trek  was  to  terminate at  the  Sultan  Palace  .The  regular  route  would  have  taken  like an  hour  30minutes  but  why  the  soldiers decided  to  take  us through  the  wilderness  like  the  Israelites would  forever  remain a mystery  to  us and  at  the  end ,the  walk  took  over 3hours just  to  get  to  the Palace.

At  first  I was feeling  really  motivated, bursting  with  energy from  the  surge of adrenaline. Soon  enough  the  hormone  wore  thin,after an  hour into the  trek, everything began  to  rotate,   suddenly every body  had identical  twins, Then! everything  went  black ! Moments  later, I began  to  hear  voices  that  echoed. At  first  I couldn't  make  out  the  cacophony but shortly  afterwards,  l heard a clear  voice from  what  seem  like  a distance shout "give  her room let  her  have  fresh  air"... I opened  one eye  steadily.... Dammit!!!!  I fainted  ni  sha......
(to  be  continued)

http://chroniclesofiyaleonkan.blogspot.com.ng/2017/11/faru-faru-place-of-rebirth-part-1.html

Comments

Omololu famro said…
Looool.iyaleonkan does not carry last!!!always happening
Unknown said…
Damn it, I yaf fainted lol 😂
Mutiat Jimoh said…
Lolz. This fainting come spoil ur fine girl pacckaging. Hope ur clothes were not removed sha.

Popular posts from this blog

A twist in the Tale: Baba Ifeanyi 's story

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

My Harmattan Christmas