Phantom's Pandora Box


Sometimes when my head gets hot,really hot that I fear it might explode,I just hide inside the closet (abi wardrobe) and pretend to have my chronicles of Narnia moments.
It is  never as easy keeping up with my "plenty kids", especially  the one who wants to have a birthday party everyday of the week ,or  the one who is hell bent on writing a thesis on why Cinderella's stepmom was wicked.what about the ones obsessed with doing a remix of the song " man is not hot"?the stifling screeches of  the "skrrahh- pap- pap ka-ka-ka skidiki pap skrrah"will torment the living day out of you.

When such moments reach their apex I will jejely enter self preservation mode and hide inside the cupboard. A mathematical equation illustration of my kids will be( 1child  = 10children's energies ;mental and physical).
My phones are not spared either .The ordeals my phones have gone through in the hands of my kids in course  of their growing years can only be better imagined.

These little Einsteins have at different times attempted to test the law of diffusion, gravity, aerodynamics amongst many other laws on my devices.Over the years their curiosity and exuberance have tamed any "techie aspirations" I ever hoped to have.I only go for the very basic, pocket friendly smart phones as the financial implications of changing phones frequently are severe. As long as I can make and receive calls,access the Internet I was contented.

So sometimes in May last year,I started craving for a more contemporary device,the unrelenting desire for an upgrade (more like the need to amp my selfie game).
Initially I had set out to get a Samsung brand, since somehow I didn't catch the" IPhone bug." But the woman at the Samsung stand was gave me one kain yeye vibe.Undecided, I was quickly led away by the smart looking,sweet natured and engaging lady at the Techno stand.when she ask for my expectations ? I simply told her I just wanted  a phone with a damn good camera.

 When she reeled out the features of the Phantom 6plus phone,as impressive as the features of the device were ,the lady's great interpersonal skills and customer's service skills were more impressive so I settled for the phone.
Minutes later,reluctantly ...very reluctantly ..."excruciatingly reluctantly"I parted with a six digits figure in exchange for the phone.

Meet the phantom 6 plus;talk about premium build and power,the device actually changed my perception of the Techno brand.The metal unibody makes the design looked and felt great.Powered by the beastly deca-core Helio x 20 processor. The 6 inch screen ,64GB  storage device gave me life !!!.For me the most impressive feature was 21MP rear  camera with dual tone led flash and the 8MP front,I was in" selfie heaven"!!
While a lot of folks commented how amazing my pictures have become these days ,some bad belle ones simply asked for the  name of the filter I was using.Suddenly I had transformed into a 'slay mama'.


The software on the device has an asthestic appeal that matches the physical design.So elegant, strong in it's sturdy feel.Glistening in that champagne gold colour ,I decided to call it Moremi (yeah the features kind of reminded  me of the fearless amazon).
I guarded Moremi  with my life,I went to great (extreme )length to shield it(her?) from my "plenty children".



 Happiness ,joy  and laughter filled the earth.Until that fateful day in July. I was charging Moremi whilst attending to house chores,then it occurred to me my phone hadn't beeped in a while, and on a closer examination I screamed MOGBE !!!!

 The phone was as hot as molten lava,the charging port had melted and the smell was fast taking over the room.Moremi won't come up.The phone had overheated and was damaged!!.
Everything  in the world stood still ,I could only hear the rapidly increasing palpitations in my chest . My throat had become dry as I tried hard to swallow. I had only a fleeting moment to ponder   ...abi  could this be  the  handiwork of folks from my village ni??? . To  be continued....

Comments

Eyah techno phones i no dey buy am. Learnt my lessons from wen phantom first came out. D first 2 months it was heating up like amala.and na big money i use buy am. I dey wait for d conclusion
Omololu famro said…
Looooool. @iyale onkan not all that glitters will be gemstones.was almost giving techno a thumbs up!!!
Omololu famro said…
@iyale onkan that is what is called "very hot deals"
Famro said…
Aiye le, ibosi o!!! Omo araiye le! So very sorry Moremi's indisposition - our fervent prayers are with her. May she quickly resole from this sudden and mysterious affliction and bounce back much better!

Unknown said…
ehyaa....durability over aesthetics any day any time...
MissY said…
Hehehehehehe. Excellent writing skill iyaileokan. I almost thought you were a paid to advertise the phone. Kudos
Christnkids said…
Iyale okan , point of correction, it's skri pa pa papapa skriyaaaaaaaa
Iyale-ookan said…
@miss y.......many thanks I really appreciate
Iyale-ookan said…
@lola....lol. ..noted!
Iyale-ookan said…
@titilayo.... You have to watch out for the concluding part.
Iyale-ookan said…
@abimbola....many thanks ...a o ni fi iru e gba o
Iyale-ookan said…
@omololu...many thanks....hmmmm...all that glitters.....

Popular posts from this blog

A twist in the Tale: Baba Ifeanyi 's story

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

My Harmattan Christmas