ENTANGLE


 
Sometimes when I'm feeling drained, I love to binge watch on cheesy nollywood movie  they kinda help me to float no mental stimulation just detachment or at most half hearted amusement.
 So earlier on while trying to unplug, drifting between stations I stumbled on this movie on ROK TV  titled ENTANGLE and going by the name I initially thought it was cheesyville as usual but the ensemble cast quickly assured me it wasn't a run-off- the-mill kind of movie.    

The movie Entangle directed by Charles Uwagbai starred brilliant actors that were led by Chidi Mokeme who played Charlton the future father in law and Lota Chukwu who played Ginika Charlton junior's fiancee. They were effectively supported by Bimbo Manuel and Tope Tedela.
 The story chronicled a beautiful yet forbidden love between Ginika and her future father-in-law. 

This flick took me on an enthralling  journey that chronicled the attraction and love between the largely misunderstood Ginika and Charlton and how their love managed to conquer it all.
The intense chemistry between those two was undeniable.The kissing scenes almost made fireworks fly out of my TV and at a point I thought the TV and my heart would explode in Unison kilode!! As an unrepentant and hopeless romantic, l didn't just have butterflies in my belly but Pegasus soaring high in my head
You might think I'm exaggerating but I think this film is more romantic than Titanic(since they are both in the "let's get mad together" category).
 
This flick is a delicate balance of drama, romance, a little bit of laughs and suspense .
Three of  the things that made this movie stand out are The casting of this movie: the casting director did a stellar job putting round pegs in round holes which definitely led to the great synergy and chemistry between the actors.
Secondly there was an impressive teamwork and it resonated through the length and breadth of the movie they all delivered their roles seamlessly.Lastly the unconventional way the movie ended. It wasn't only refreshing but quite revolutionary. 
 Appreciation to the writer for giving us an unapologetic happily thereafter. We deserved that closure regardless of how twisted it was.
We appreciate that the movie didn't go the mundane route rather told a simple yet complicated love story that reminds us that sometimes life is not always Black and White.

Comments

Omololu famro said…
I can't stop loving love stories and romantic movies especially when the guy. Us rich.....thank you iya ile onkan for another interesting read always exciting to hear from you

Popular posts from this blog

A twist in the Tale: Baba Ifeanyi 's story

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

My Harmattan Christmas