Phantom's Pandora box part 2(Road to recovery)


            The  very very long road to recovery 
Beads of sweats formed on my forehead and in matter of seconds l was drenched in sweats. At this point my legs gave way, l lunged towards the sofa for support. My Moremi gone just like that !?My pictures and videos flashed before my eyes ...more like played out like a slideshow and when I remembered I hadn't gotten around to backing up my pictures ,l involuntarily let out a guttural sound and I fainted all over again. Eventually when I came around I grabbed my other phone and made a call to my hubby.

Me: (in a hysterical voice) Moremi  ni o!Moremi ti laa'na !!( Moremi has exploded)!.

I couldn't comprehend how he remained calm under this circumstance but he was very calm and casual about it when he asked me to take it to a Techno Carlcare centre since the phone was still under warranty. It was getting to evening time on Saturday so I had to wait till Monday. It was the longest  Sunday of my life, it felt like eternity.

On Monday morning ,I raced through the monday traffic as if I was auditioning for a role in the movie Fast and Furious. when I arrived at the Carlcare centre on Awolowo road Ikeja,
I was met by a security personnel and as frantic and exaggerated my gestures /explanations were,the dude had this bored look that made me realise he had seen many many worse cases (probably phones that they had to use fire extinguisher to put out .) He ushered me to a waiting area ,then it hit me..the sea of heads!,with the number of people cramped into that space I was convinced that either  everybody in Lagos uses a techno phone or techno phones are prone to defects kilode!.

After what seemed like  a century it was finally my turn,when I asked the customer service lady what could be the issue?.She simply murmured something about hardware issues,She later booked my phone and asked me to come back in a week.... a week ke ?grudgingly I released Moremi and made my way home.

Heavy laden I counted days,hours,minutes and seconds, I missed the insane picture quality of the phantom 6plus.Finally a  week crawled by and I was beyond ecstatic when the techno lady placed Moremi in my hand.Everything came alive and there were glad tidings in the world .
THEN out of nowhere ,two days later  My phone went blank in my hands !! NOT AGAIN!. This time I was filled with rage , I was so livid that even the god of anger would have beefed my red eye.
Opinions were divided on the root cause of the damage,speculations varied from Malware,Factory defect to a faulty integrated circuit. ( I sha thank God I passed up the  tempting urge to root the phone otherwise no warranty o).At this point, I made a mental note to apologize to my village folks, because it wasn't their handiwork at all ,this one is solely on Techno .

Someone suggested I go to the Carlcare service centre  on Opebi instead of the Awolowo  service center I earlier visited.

The next day I woke up early enough , I calibrated my crazometer and it was fully "gauged."I was determined to create some lowkey Armageddon at the Techno Carlcare service centre incase anyone decided to  be unfortunate.With determined steps I pranced up the stairs ready to unleash "gobe" deluxe edition of gobe.
But it was like folks at techno had been watching me on their crystal ball all these while or they could sense fury twenty thousands miles away,l was ushered in by a polite doorman  and when he asked for the model of the phone he directed me  to the VIP waiting area,that made a large part of my anger dissolve .There were about four people in the waiting area with the air-conditioning working at its optimum ,sofas with comfy head and armrest,when someone asked if I wanted coffee l just started grinning sheepishly.
After a short while I was well attended to though I still had to wait a week to collect my phone , they went  the extra mile to assure me there would be no more issues afterwards.

Moremi got better, it was as if all that never happened as the phantom beast  continues to deliver top notch performances. A really cool device great for multitasking, the 6.0 phablet is also great for travelling as you don't  need  to take your tablet or Laptop while travelling.
It would soon be a year of using the Phantom 6plus and apart from the first turbulent two months the phone has quite lived up to its billing as the" beast".


The other day at the mall ,a Techno sales rep tried introducing me to the Phantom 8 and in my mind I remembered the Yoruba adage that insists that if you have seen the wrath of Sango (god of thunder)you will never ever try to provoke Oba ko'so (another name for the god of thunder).....hmmmm I would gladly sit this one out .
I think its time I caught  the "IPhone bug" sef.


Photo credits: Google images

Comments

Omololu famro said…
Lol!!! Iya ile onkan got me cracking my ribs.it all ended well eventually. Don't envy your experiences tho'.my regards to Moreno turned Mo for short
Famro said…
Eni sango t'oju e Wole, ko kin duro b'oba k'oso! But sha, notwithstanding your "interesting" experience with Moremi, I think you should try her Elder brother!
Dayreen said…
Got me smiling from start (part 1) to finish. Keep enjoying Moremi till you are ready to move on to her upgrade or a different phone make. Your story telling/writing style is equally very engaging. Well done. Remain inspired.
Iyale-ookan said…
@dayreen...thanks so much for the kind words ....I really appreciate
Iyale-ookan said…
@omololu....thanks a lot I'm glad you enjoyed reading the piece
Iyale-ookan said…
@abimbola thanks for taking time to enjoy the piece....Moremi's elder brother?? ...I don't think so o.
Unknown said…
Lol...your village pple truly need an apology!��
Thank God for the church mind of the Carlcare staff ...biko Iphone X is calling ya name
Very engaging and amusing!
Iyale-ookan said…
@temi tolulope...thanks so much for your kind words...you are in the spirit @lphone x
I av had a bad experience with techno phone, almost d same issue with yours. I av told myself i wldnt go near it again. Tank God it ended well and u re now enjoying it.

Popular posts from this blog

A twist in the Tale: Baba Ifeanyi 's story

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

My Harmattan Christmas